BELMOPAN, Belize, CMC- Former prime minister Said Musa says he believes he is on a hit list after gunmen fired a number of shots at his home earlier this week.
Police are still searching for those responsible for the incident on Tuesday night, but Musa, who served as prime minister from 1998-2008, said that he had been receiving threats before the gunmen fired several shots at his home in the city.
“I must tell you my gut feeling is that those threats in December are just coincidental to what happened,” he said, adding “I don’t believe the two things are linked at all,” he said, adding that while the threats had stopped briefly, they started again on the day his house was fired upon.
“I really don’t think it was extortion. I think it was a hit,” he said on a television programme.